Nevada County Grown is pleased to bring you the Farm Guide each year. The Farm Guide is the “go-to” publication for finding local agricultural products. It is available in several formats:
- The printed Farm Guide is distributed widely, in stores, chambers of commerce, etc., and it is included in an issue of The Union newspaper shortly after printing each year (generally in April). Approximately 25,000 copies are printed and distributed each year.
- It is available on this website, to view or download. See below.
- There is an iPhone Farm Guide App available in the App Store for download to your iPhone.;
Click on the image of the Farm Guide cover to view or download the file or scroll down to get the iOS app for iPhones or iPads (sorry, no Android version yet)
NOTES: File size is approx. 7 MB
After the file has loaded, you can hover your mouse
in lower right part of screen to show icons for printing, saving, etc.
Click on the Cover image to download the Farm Guide in PDF format
This is your mobile guide to local food in Nevada County. It’s the easy way to find local, farm-fresh foods and other farm products. Covers 12 areas around Nevada City and Grass Valley with maps of local farms and farm outlets. The guide shows you the local sources for more than two dozen product categories from Alpacas and Beef to Wine and Wool. Look up farms by name, product or area. Like to shop at farm stands or farmers markets? They are all in the Farm Guide. Everything you need to know about local Nevada County farms, their products, and their outlets is in the Farm Guide.
The Farm Guide App is not just an ebook version of the printed farm guide. The App is a cross-indexed searchable guide to farms, farm products, and farm outlets. For example, tap on ‘Products’ then ‘Eggs’ to instantly see the farms that sell eggs and how to contact them. You can call them directly from the App or visit the farm’s website. It’s all there at your fingertips — the mobile guide to local food, and it’s free!
We’d like to express our thanks to all of the local producers who provided information for this guide, and to the dedicated production team.
- Project Manager: Joan Clappier
- Editor: Joan Clappier, John Powers
- Graphic Design: Lisa Rose, Luci Wilson
- Advertising Sales: Barbara Kuvet
- iPhone App: John Powers
A special thank you to Peaceful Valley Farm & Garden Supply for storing the Farm Guides during the year.