Join Nevada County Grown
Scroll down for info. about displaying NCG logo and links to download logo
We welcome you to join Nevada County Grown, either as an agricultural producer or as a community member who is supportive of local agriculture.
Types of Members
- Agricultural Producer Member: You must be living and producing in Nevada County. Ag Producers are included in the annual Farm Guide and on the NCG website. The NCG logo may be displayed on the producer’s business (not product) literature with the tag line “Member of Nevada County Grown” or “Nevada County Grown Producer”.
- Community Member: Anyone who wants to support agriculture in Nevada County. Community members can be individuals or businesses and are listed in the annual Farm Guide. The NCG logo may be displayed on business literature with the tag line “Member of Nevada County Grown” or “Nevada County Grown Supporter”.
- Neighbor: An agricultural producer in a neighboring county who sells product in Nevada County. If you wish to be a Neighbor, please submit a request to the NCG Board describing your farm/ranch, products, and how you are selling in Nevada County (e.g. which stores, farmers markets, etc.). You can email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Neighbor acceptance into the Farm Guide is decided on a case-by-case basis by the Board.
NOTE: After the file has loaded, you can hover your mouse in lower right part of screen to show icons for printing, saving, etc.
Ag Producer Member Form <– Click link to view/print application to be an Ag Producer Member.
Community Member Form <– Click link to view/print application to be a Community Member.
All active NCG Agricultural Producer Members may display the NCG logo at their place of business or in their business literature. We also invite businesses, organizations and community members to post our logo along with a link to the Nevada County Grown website. (www.NevadaCountyGrown.org)
IMPORTANT: If you want to incorporate the logo into product labeling or product-specific literature, there are requirements. These are listed below the logo files.
Click here to download NCG Logo
Click here to download black-and-white file of NCG Logo
Click here to download a LARGE color logo, approx. 3.2Mb. Suitable for a large sign or banner on your farm
Criteria for use of NCG logo on member products.
While all members can display the NCG logo in their business literature, there are requirements for placing the NCG logo on products or in product-specific literature..
The Producer must be 100% based in Nevada County. Additional requirements depend on the products, as outlined in the following table.
|Category||Grown in N. C.|
|Animal products such as fiber, eggs, milk, etc.||85% for fiber, 100& for other|
|Cattle and other livestock including goats and sheep||Minimum 50% of life|
|Honey||Hives spend minimum 50% of time|
|Nursery annuals||100% (from seed)|
|Nursery perennials, grown from rootstock, scion, including christmas trees||Minimum 1 year|
|Poultry||Minimum 50% of life|
|Processed agricultural products such as olive oil||Minimum 85%|
|Lumber and lumber products||100%|
|Vegetables & Fruits including wine grapes||100%|
These criteria are subject to change in the event of a natural disaster that has an impact on agricultural production as verified by the Nevada County Agricultural Commissioner.
SITUATION: The April freeze limits some production and you have an opportunity to lease a farm in Marysville. You meet the definition of NCG for 90% of your production; you don’t for the other 10%.
RESULT: You can be a Producer member of NCG but only the products from Nevada County may display the NCG logo.
SITUATION: Bees travel all over California and Nevada. You may live and have bees in Nevada County, but they spend a significant time outside of Nevada County.
RESULT: You can be a Producer member of NCG. The honey from hives which spend at least 50% of their time in Nevada County may display the NCG logo.
SITUATION: You have cattle on your Nevada County property for six months out of the year. The other six months they are in Shasta County on a winter grazing lease and a summer allotment in Plumas County.
RESULT: You can be a Producer member of NCG. The beef from cattle which spend at least 50% of their time in Nevada County may display the NCG logo.
SITUATION: Wineries may own vineyards in Nevada County and blend their grapes with others from outside the county.
RESULT: You can be a Producer member of NCG. The wine which includes at least 85% of grapes grown in Nevada County may display the NCG logo.
SITUATION: You live in Nevada County and want to raise and sell grains. You have not been able to find suitable land in Nevada County but you can find suitable land outside the county.
RESULT: Some portion of your grains must be raised in Nevada County in order for you to become a NCG Producer member. If the packaged grains contain at least 85% of grains grown in Nevada County then they may display the NCG.