NCG Logo Files

All active NCG Agricultural Producer Members may display the NCG logo at their place of business or in their business literature

IMPORTANT:  If you want to incorporate the logo into product labeling or product-specific literature, there are requirements.  These are listed below the logo files.

Click here    for file NCG Logo

Click here    for black-and-white file of NCG Logo

Click here    for LARGE copy, approx. 3.2Mb.  Suitable for a large sign or banner on your farm

 

Criteria for use of NCG logo  on member products or in product-specific literature:

The Producer must be 100% based in Nevada County.  Additional requirements depend on the products, as outlined in the following table.

CategoryGrown in N. C.
Animal products such as fiber, eggs, milk, etc.85% for fiber, 100& for other
Cattle and other livestock including goats and sheepMinimum 50% of life
GrainsMinimum 85%
HoneyHives spend minimum 50% of time
Nursery annuals100% (from seed)
Nursery perennials, grown from rootstock, scion, including christmas treesMinimum 1 year
PoultryMinimum 50% of life
Processed agricultural products such as olive oilMinimum 85%
Lumber and lumber products100%
Vegetables & Fruits including wine grapes100%
WineMinimum 85%

These criteria are subject to change in the event of a natural disaster that has an impact on agricultural production as verified by the Nevada County Agricultural Commissioner.

Examples

SITUATION: The April freeze limits some production and you have an opportunity to lease a farm in Marysville.  You meet the definition of NCG for 90% of your production; you don’t for the other 10%.
RESULT: You can be a Producer member of NCG but only the products from Nevada County may display the NCG logo.

SITUATION:  Bees travel all over California and Nevada.  You may live and have bees in Nevada County, but they spend a significant time outside of Nevada County.
RESULT:  You can be a Producer member of NCG.  The honey from hives which spend at least 50% of their time in Nevada County may display the NCG logo.

SITUATION:  You have cattle on your Nevada County property for six months out of the year.  The other six months they are in Shasta County on a winter grazing lease and a summer allotment in Plumas County.
RESULT:  You can be a Producer member of NCG.  The beef from cattle which spend at least 50% of their time in Nevada County may display the NCG logo.

SITUATION:  Wineries may own vineyards in Nevada County and blend their grapes with others from outside the county.
RESULT:  You can be a Producer member of NCG.  The wine which includes at least 85% of grapes grown in Nevada County may display the NCG logo.

SITUATION:  You live in Nevada County and want to raise and sell grains.  You have not been able to find suitable land in Nevada County but you can find suitable land outside the county.
RESULT:  Some portion of your grains must be raised in Nevada County in order for you to become a NCG Producer member.  If the packaged grains contain at least 85% of grains grown in Nevada County then they may display the NCG.